[Alberg30] Fw: Virus Alert [off-topic]

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at min.net
Mon Jan 15 13:53:56 PST 2001

Please do not forward ANY virus alerts on this mailing list.  These
are off-topic.  Forwarding such messages does NOT prevent people
from having problems.  Such warnings are almost always hoaxes and
cause as much problems as a virus.  This one, too, is a hoax:
http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/upgrade.internet.2.hoax.html

Practice safe computing and do not execute any program from email,
even if from a friend.  Confirm it first.

Periodically check with the manufacturer of your email program
to look for security patches.

If we actually have a virus appear on the list (as happened once
on the egroups list), we can deal with it then.

Thank you for your cooperation in this,
   George

  George Dinwiddie                             gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
  sailing.                                    http://www.Alberg30.org/

 |            The BT Global Challenge -- match racing in the Southern Ocean                |
 | http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=22673860&siteid=32743498&bfpage=bt_challenge |