[Alberg30] Sealand holding tank model number?

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 3 05:28:24 PDT 2001

A few years ago I purchased 23 each, Karcor model 5057 tanks and installed
several of them in Albergs including one in my own Alberg #505. The tanks
fit perfectly in the boats with liners and there is a 1/2" verticle
interferrence on boats without liners. (The forward cabin plywood in the
older boats is lower by and couple of inches). The fittings were all mounted
to the tops of the tanks with a "pick-up" tube inside the tank on the
discharge side. I had all of the fittings installed by the factory, since
welding Polyethelene is a difficult. The tanks have been in service for 4
years (or more) now and work fine. The most important thing is to vent the
tank very well with two vent lines. This will allow for an exchange of air
which discourages the growth of bacteria, which causes odor (it's not the
waste that cause odor)in holding tanks, especially dark colored flexible
tanks.