[Alberg30] Re: Looking for an A-30

Randy Katz randyk at bertschi.org
Wed Jun 13 15:25:07 PDT 2001

Greetings, Perry,
    Well, I looked for a couple of years, if that's any indication of
anything.

    Here are suggestions:
        *  Check Latitude 48 and NW Yatching, the free monthly mags.  They
have the best classifieds for around here.

        *  Consider also yatchworld.com.  They are an internet posting of
boats, many of them in the NW, but all through brokers.

        *  I posted boat-wanted notices on the A-30 and Triton websites.

        *  What really did the trick, though, was offering a $100 finders
fee for the A-30 or Triton that I ended up buying.  I posted that notice in
Latitude 48 and received about 10 responses.  That's how I got in touch with
the seller, who actually hadn't yet put  the boat on the market but was
thinking about it.  Plus, he generously refused to collect the finders fee
in the end.

    I think you have to be patient and persistent.  Oh, and lucky.

    Best of Luck,

Randy Katz

Randy Katz
Gr. 3
Bertschi School
2227 - 10th Ave E.
Seattle, WA. 98102
USA
206-324-5476 X301

 | Simrad TP20 w/ FREE remote, on sale at Sailnet. Search "SIMTP20" |
 |    http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066     |