[Alberg30] Re: Exhaust System and Fuel Tanks

Brian and Elaine Timmins timmins at optonline.net
Sun Jun 3 04:26:31 PDT 2001

Joel,
    Thanks. That pipe cap was the piece of the puzzle that was confusing.
You must have a great scrap yard to find the right pieces in stainless to
make up the system. In your opinion, is the large diameter standpipe on the
original bronze?
    I'm jealous of your future tankage. When I bought my A30 it still had an
aluminum tank hanging under the cockpit deck. The PO warned me that it was
getting old. During the first season, it developed a pin hole leak. That
winter, I removed it and installed a plastic tank from Tempo. To get one to
fit, I had to downsize the capacity to 15 or 16 gallons (original was 20/22
gal). That's enough for most purposes based on the fact that I only used 11
gallons all season last year. I like to carry enough fuel to run a full 24
hours at least. I'm located at the south west corner of Long Island, New
York. I want to carry enough fuel to motor all the way to Montauk Harbor at
the East end of the island (~120 miles). At best cruising speed/economy I
figure I'm just short. Oh well, another future project on the board.
Thanks again,   Brian