[Alberg30] Anchors?

Randy Katz randyk at bertschi.org
Mon Jun 4 16:04:54 PDT 2001

Thanks for the advice, George.  I would favor the 22 # Bruce at this point,
though I'd prefer the more expensive (too much so) plow.

What do you have on your boat?

Cheers,
Randy

Randy Katz
Gr. 3
Bertschi School
2227 - 10th Ave E.
Seattle, WA. 98102
USA
206-324-5476 X301
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

> From: public-list-request at alberg30.org
> Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 12:02:48 -0700
> To: public-list at alberg30.org
> Subject: Public-list digest, Vol 1 #246 - 9 msgs
>
> Subject: Re: [Alberg30] Anchors?
> To: public-list at alberg30.org
> Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 13:54:13 -0400 (EDT)
>
> Randy,
>
> I wouldn't buy a Bruce less than 22 lbs.  I've heard of many problems
> getting the smaller ones to hold well, though larger Bruces have
> a good reputation.  The Bruce anchor was originally invented to
> hold oil rigs in the North Sea.  These are, of course, really large
> anchors.  I think that perhaps the design doesn't scale down to
> very small sizes.
>
> - George

 | Simrad TP20 w/ FREE remote, on sale at Sailnet. Search "SIMTP20" |
 |    http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066     |