[Alberg30] Engine problem solved.

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at min.net
Mon Jun 4 18:36:37 PDT 2001

> "FINKENBERG, Lincoln" wrote:
>
> Switched my old for a friends brand new carb and the engine ran
> perfectly.

Perhaps all your carb needs is a good cleaning and rebuild.

> I noticed that on the old model the carburetor has a T bar type
> adjustor at the bottom of it, just underneath the high speed adjustor.
> While on my friends carb, where this adjustor might go, is a fitting
> with a metal tube that connects to the block (coincidentally the T-Bar
> adjustor fit in this spot while on the gray marine).
>
> With the right connectors and metal tubing this can be done on the
> gray marine?

I'm not sure what you mean, here.  On the Atomic 4, there's a fitting
on the underside of the carburetor throat.  A piece of tubing leads
from there to the intake manifold.  Apparently, under certain
conditions,
a bit of gas can pool in the throat and this vacuum line sucks it into
the cylinders, preventing a hazardous drip.

 - George
 | Simrad TP20 w/ FREE remote, on sale at Sailnet. Search "SIMTP20" |
 |    http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066     |