[Alberg30] Re: Bedding Shroud Tangs

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at min.net
Tue Jun 5 07:42:22 PDT 2001

Yes, it was unopened and no good.  The tube did not feel completely
hard.  In fact, I was able to get the caulk to come about 3/8" into
the nozzle before I bent the caulking gun.

The new tube was a bit softer to the squeeze.  I wouldn't throw the
old caulk out.  You might as well try it the next time you need it.
But if you're going to do a job that needs to get done TODAY and
there's not a nearby place to get a replacement, if needed, I'd
buy a new one rather than take a chance.  For me, it just delayed
putting on the taffrail by a couple days--a disappointment but
not a problem.

 - George

  George Dinwiddie                             gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
  sailing.                                    http://www.Alberg30.org/

 | Simrad TP20 w/ FREE remote, on sale at Sailnet. Search "SIMTP20" |
 |    http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066     |