[Alberg30] Bedding Shroud Tangs

Tom Sutherland sutherlandt at prodigy.net
Tue Jun 5 07:50:02 PDT 2001

Hugh ... Actually what I did was remove all of the old ports, polish the
exterior frames on a buffing wheel removing the original anodized
coating, which was in pretty bad shape, and replace the Plexiglas. I
used 1/4 inch Plexiglas on the large windows and 3/8 inch Lexan for the
small ones. The Lexan was given to me and I just wanted to see which one
would hold the best on the environment.

So far they are both looking very good. I do polish the exterior frames
with aluminum polish from time to time since I removed the protective coating.

Tom S
A30  412
Hugh Freebairn wrote:

> Tom,
>
> I'm interested in which ports you used when you replaced them all.  I've
> been looking for replacement ports.
>
> Hugh Freebairn
> #442 "Aliage"
>
> >From: Tom Sutherland <sutherlandt at prodigy.net>
> >To: public-list at alberg30.org
> >Subject: Re: [Alberg30] Bedding Shroud Tangs
> >Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2001 10:31:23 -0400
> >
> >George .... This is what I used (at some ones suggestion) when I
> >replaced all of my ports and I too have been very pleased.
> >
> >What I used was clear. I believe I had to special order the "Rule
> >Elastomeric"
> >
> >Question ...  Is it available in "white"?  Where do you buy yours?
> >
> >Tom S
> >A30  412
> >

> >George Dinwiddie wrote:
> > >
> > > Brian,
> > >
> > > I really like Rule Elastomeric for this.  It also darkens in the
> > > sunlight (though not as much as LifeCaulk), but it remains a bit
> > > rubbery and seems to seal much better.  I did mine 2 or 3 years
> > > ago and they're holding fine.  It's now my preferred caulk.
> > >
> > >  - George

 | Simrad TP20 w/ FREE remote, on sale at Sailnet. Search "SIMTP20" |
 |    http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066     |