[Alberg30] toerails and bulkhead

Hugh Freebairn hughfree at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 11 22:07:49 PDT 2001

For your bulkhead try git-rot or for cheaper alternative find Smith and Co.
on the web and use their clear penetrationg epoxy sealer.  Either one cures
rot without replacement.

Hugh Freebairn, #442 Aliage

>From: "Wrightson, Charles" <cwrightson at hcwainwright.com>
>To: "'public-list at alberg30.org'" <public-list at alberg30.org>
>Subject: [Alberg30] toerails and bulkhead
>Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 14:54:59 -0400
>
>I just bought an A-30 and have two problems. The toerail is in pretty bad
>shape and as a result there is substancial leaking into the saloon. I am
>thinking about a repair (rebedding it) or replacement. I am looking for
>someone who could do millwork (of a toerail) without letting the boatyard
>handle the whole project.If I chose to rebed it, does anyone have
>suggestions on making it watertight (Is it as easy as 5200 and tighter
>bolts?
>
>the second problem is the port bulkhead (between the salon and the head has
>some rot because of the leaking). It seems to comprise 6 to 8 inches from
>the outside edge inward. Is there a way to make an effective repair without
>replacing the whole wall, which involves dissassembling everything around
>it
>etc.

 | Simrad TP20 w/ FREE remote, on sale at Sailnet. Search "SIMTP20" |
 |    http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066     |