[Alberg30] Shift Linkage

Mpete53 at aol.com Mpete53 at aol.com
Mon Jun 11 16:26:46 PDT 2001

Both the Gray Marine and Atomic 4 are usually direct drive in forward and
have a reduction gear in reverse. This means that to get the same propeller
speed in reverse, the engine must be running much faster. I find that I get
reasonable backing power only when I use almost full throttle. With the
engine revving and the transmission gears wining, it sound very hectic but
the tack does not go over the 3000 Max for the engine.

Mark
 | Simrad TP20 w/ FREE remote, on sale at Sailnet. Search "SIMTP20" |
 |    http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066     |