[Alberg30] Details on Mast Beam Repair fitting

R.C. Alley ralley at chesapeake.net
Thu Jun 14 18:33:11 PDT 2001

I have to take issue with Mike on this one; corrosion due to dissimilar
metals will occur any time the metals are in contact; the corrosion will
simply happen more slowly in a dry(er) environment.  There are several
things you can do, none of them good--like use nylon washers and bushings to
separate the metals, or use a corrosion inhibitor.  In any case, the
aluminum will corrode visibly first.  The stainless will also corrode--but
you will have trouble seeing it.
Best,
Rob Alley