[Alberg30] deck core

Gord Laco gord at transatmarine.com
Tue Jun 19 08:29:35 PDT 2001

John -

You are going to get lots of opinions... here is mine.

I'd go with the best quality marine plywood I could afford.  The benefits of
the other choices involve lightness - but in each case (I feel) negative
characteristics involving "crushability" under fittings and water absorbtion
come too.  The good plywood is strong, when soaked in resin is quite water
proof, and in our boats you are unlikely to notice a sailing performance
loss because of the weight.  That is unless the Canada's Cup committee sees
the light and decrees that the up-coming seried between Canada and the U.S.
will be sailed in A30's   ;)

Cheers, Gord KC426 Surprise