[Alberg30] Keels A30/Folkboat

RABBIT649 at aol.com RABBIT649 at aol.com
Mon Jun 25 01:21:57 PDT 2001

In a message dated 6/24/01 2:09:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
thedodsons at starpower.net writes:

> And speaking of making use of what's already in your manufacturing
>  process... the mizzen mast on a Whitby 42 was an Alberg 30 mast.  Thrifty
>  and clever, if you ask me!
No doubt! And, if what Peter says might true (that the outline coincides with
the Folkboat external keel), it is not inconcieveable that the A30 ballast
could have been poured by an extension of the Folkboat mold upward,  that is,
by simply adding more material on top.
It is also not inconcieveable that the iron ballst in an A30 could be "popped
out", removed with a picker through the cabin door, recast in lead and
replaced. But as someone pointed out the last time I mentioned it, that would
make us no longer "one-design".
Paul
#23 Ashwagh
 | Simrad TP20 w/ FREE remote, on sale at Sailnet. Search "SIMTP20" |
 |    http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066     |