[Alberg30] Shift Linkage

SandersM at aol.com SandersM at aol.com
Tue Jun 26 12:02:02 PDT 2001

In a message dated 6/26/01 2:29:13 PM, sail_505 at hotmail.com writes:

>Sanders, excellent suggestion to break this up into chapters...but you
>need to have the rights to do that. I ran into the same thing here at work on
>our Users Guide, it was only 6MB and gave me a fit emailing, but I had to
have
>the original author break it up.

I'm not sure this is right.  I would think (I've never tried it, but it makes
sense to me) that you could open the master .pdf file in Acrobat -- the full
version, not the Reader -- and "print" each chapter to a separate, new .pdf
file (Acrobat allows users to issue print commands to the PDFWriter, which
substitutes for a printer when creating .pdf files).  So, while it is true
that you cannot alter an existing .pdf file, there should be no reason why
you couldn't create NEW .pdf files of the individual chapters from the
original .pdf master file by printing them from the original.

Sanders McNew.
 | Simrad TP20 w/ FREE remote, on sale at Sailnet. Search "SIMTP20" |
 |    http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066     |