[Alberg30] cost of shipping a boat?

Brian Zinser BZinser at NMU.EDU
Wed Jun 27 06:06:14 PDT 2001

I would look for a boat on the upper great lakes.  Prices are depressed in
this area and shipping to the west coast is only about $2,500 - $3,000 plus
because of the fresh water and climate, most boats in this region are about
"half" as old as a Florida boat. Northern Breezes is a publication which has
listings of most of the area brokers.

-----Original Message-----
From: public-list-admin at alberg30.org
[mailto:public-list-admin at alberg30.org]On Behalf Of perry fizzano
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2001 2:05 AM
To: public-list at alberg30.org
Subject: [Alberg30] cost of shipping a boat?

Hi, In my quest looking for a small solid cruiser I have noticed how
 much cheaper such boats are in the FL area as opposed to the
northwest U.S.

Someone on this list said that someone has experience shipping their alberg
30
 across country.  I tried to get a price quote from a few places I found on
the
 web and the only one that came back was $8000!!!  Is that what you would
 expect?  Maybe I'm optimistic but I figured it would cost half that.  Any
leads
 would be appreciated.  Thanks,

perry
 | Simrad TP20 w/ FREE remote, on sale at Sailnet. Search "SIMTP20" |
 |    http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066     |