[Alberg30] Ballast

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at min.net
Thu Mar 1 11:07:07 PST 2001

Gord,

How old is your main?  We had similar problems before we got a new one.
There was just too much draft and I couldn't depower it enough, even
when carrying a large "bubble" in the luff.  A new main (with a
cunningham) made all the difference in the world.  I've never used
the second reef, which I had put in just a couple years ago.

 - George

  George Dinwiddie                             gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
  sailing.                                    http://www.Alberg30.org/

 | Just right for an Alberg 30: http://www.alberg30.org/store/sailnet.shtml |