[Alberg30] Bilge Blower

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 27 12:17:35 PST 2001

If you suspect a fuel or exhaust leak you should run your blower and get the
leak repaired asap. In hot summer months, you may want to run the blower to
clear heat from the engine room. If you are confident that everything is in
good working order, you only need to run the blower 5 minutes prior to start
a gasoline engine. I always performed a "sniff" test before starting the
engine to be safe. I have been on boats where the blower was run constantly
while the engine was on and others where the blower was never used, even
before starting. The most important thing is to make sure there are no fuel
or exhaust leaks and check for them constantly.

Mike Lehman
840 Mill Creek Road
Arnold, MD 21012
(410) 544-9067 (Home)