[Alberg30] RUDDER POST

Charles Haggart chaggart at sympatico.ca
Thu Mar 29 05:40:41 PST 2001

I solved the water squirt into the cockpit problem. I removed the cover
plate that holds the top of the rudder shaft as it comes throught the
cockpit sole. What I saw was the top of the rudder tube and the rudder shaft
coming out of it. I made up a few O rings. I had to fool around to get the
right size that would fit in the space between the shaft and the tube. I
slipped on two O rings and gently pushed them down the shaft as far as I
could. This was a stop gap measure and I think the first job I did on the
baot when I got her three years ago, it's been fine ever since. I've been
meaning to put a proper stuffing box on the bottom of the rudder tube but I
havn't got around to it yet.

Charles Haggart # 150

 | Rough conditions in the Southern Ocean. Read about the brutal challenges. |
 | http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=22673860=32743498=bt_challenge |