[Alberg30] Bilge Blower

R.C. Alley ralley at chesapeake.net
Thu Mar 29 16:52:35 PST 2001

Ladies and Gentlemen: (and Bill Newman)  I presume that you have a gasoline
(petrol) engine?  If so, your need to run the blower be limited to a few
minutes before you start the beast in the box, as others in this thread have
pointed out.  If your bilge blower is noisy, it may be giving prospective
notice of failure. You might want to replace it soon.  The newer plastic
bilge blowers are much better and MUCH quieter that the banshee that came
with Nevermore, # 219.  I now have a diesel, but mounted  a bracket for the
blower hose intake above the engine; the positive lead is wired into the key
switch for the engine, so it runs continuously when the key is on, whether
the engine is running or not. Saves lots of ice, and keeps the cabin
temperature down a bit in the sunny south.

Cheers,
Rob Alley