[Alberg30] Bilge Blower

Hugh Freebairn hughfree at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 27 22:12:11 PST 2001

Yes, if you run most blowers continuously they will burn out.  They are only
designed to run for short periods on the order of several minutes.  On my
old Columbia 29 I wanted the blower to run continuously so I installed a
resistor in series with the motor.  I had to measure the motor winding
resistance and then match that with a higher wattage wire wound resistor of
equal value.  I ran my blower continuously after that every time the engine
ran and the blower lasted several years.

Hugh Freebairn
"Aliag" #442