[Alberg30] Lazy Jacks - Going aloft

John Birch Sunstone at idirect.com
Sat Mar 31 06:10:40 PST 2001

I just use hard wax, like the harder candle wax type or better the canning / preserves wax and rub it on the track as high as I can reach and let the slides carry it up. If you are not taking your mast down each year - recommended for maintenance then at least one annual trip aloft is really necessary and on two halyards with a short nylon safety line around the mast above the spreaders. It should prevent you from falling more than 1.5 metres and should be sufficiently stretchy to take the shock load off so you don't break anything - hence nylon.

Even I have enough friends to crank me up the mast - the trick is to get them to bring me down again ; )

John Birch
9 Homewood Avenue
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
L8P 2M1