[Alberg30] Lazy Jacks - Going aloft

Brian and Elaine Timmins timmins at optonline.net
Sat Mar 31 11:46:11 PST 2001

Yes, This IS the problem. Almost any sailor can crank a winch to get me up the mast. It takes more knowledge and skill to SAFELY lower someone slowly. Too many sailors are too used to just throwing the lines off of a winch when tacking or lowering a sail and don't understand how to control a descent.  "Gee it wasn't slipping, so I took another turn off"
Brian

John Birch writes:
Even I have enough friends to crank me up the mast - the trick is to get them to bring me down again ; )