[Alberg30] Lazy Jacks

Mpete53 at aol.com Mpete53 at aol.com
Sat Mar 31 17:52:57 PST 2001

I have been using them for several years and love them. The boat came with
the Harken lazy jack system installed. It took me a wile to get use to them,
but finally I found that I could adjust them in suck a way that I never have
to adjust them. I have them set so that when the boom hangs on them it swings
very low. I drop the sail get a stop or two on then lift the boom with the
topping lift. Set this way, when I rase the sail the boom lifts um on the
gooseneck track and give the lazy jacks enough slack so that they don't
effect the main.

    Mark
 | Rough conditions in the Southern Ocean. Read about the brutal challenges. |
 | http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=22673860=32743498=bt_challenge |