[Alberg30] RE: Plate Installation

sousa, stephen sousa_stephen at emc.com
Tue May 8 10:30:38 PDT 2001

Tom,

This information is for yourself and anyone else performing this task. The
finishing touches of installing the plates made the modification look like a
factory installation.

Once the plates were fitted to support beam the current holes were opened up
to 5/16", sanded the wooded beam removing all varnish. I applied West
Systems Epoxy mixed with thickening agent to the plates and put them in
place as the epoxy began to set-up and placed the bolts into the places and
tighten up the entire assembly. The following day placed a bead of 4200
between the plates and the ceiling of the boat. When the sealer had set-up,
masked off the beam and sprayed Appliance Epoxy White on the plates
retaining the look of wood under the plates. The finished product is
impressive and functional.

Regards,
Stephen Sousa