[Alberg30] Table in cockpit

dick dickdurk at intercom.net
Tue May 15 03:33:12 PDT 2001

>I've been thinking about some way to mount the table in the cockpit. Has anyone

done   >this?

I've got a rig on Checkmate that works great. It's about a 12" section of
aluminum pipe(sized to slide over the table leg) welded to a round aluminum

plate the same size as the inspection plate in the cockpit. drill and tap
inspection plate to the same size of all thread you are about to need
(1/4-5/16"?), drill hole slighty oversize in center of new aluminum plate, Use

length of all thread with a couple of nuts (jammed together as locknuts) about

1" from bottom of allthread. Use all thread to lock new fitting onto inspection

plate (allthread needs to be a bit longer than new pipe fabrication. I use a
hex
head machine bolt to seal up hole in inspection plate when not used for table,

but I suppose something more elegant could be thought up :)

Michael
Checkmate #220

 |       Shop SailNet for your Spring outfitting needs.      |