[Alberg30] Notes on installing A-30 mast brace

Daniel Sternglass dans at stmktg.com
Tue May 1 07:24:59 PDT 2001

"sousa, stephen" wrote:

> Dan and the Alberg Team.
>
> I received the plates yesterday  afternoon which will be installed in #114.
> Dan, I appreciate the suggestion of spacing which may be effected by heat
> and cold. During the installation process did anyone upgrade the bolt size,
> the original bolts seem very light for this application?

If you are referring to the bolts through the mast step, I left the
originals. The coutnerbore for them was too far into the brace, which I
beleive contributed to the delamination, but we did not touch those
bolts. Not sure what other bolts you might be referring to in that area.

--Dan S.
dans at stmktg.com

> Stephen

 |       Shop SailNet for your Spring outfitting needs.      |