[Alberg30] table top? Westerbeke engines?

Brian and Elaine Timmins timmins at optonline.net
Wed May 16 17:17:58 PDT 2001

Jim,      I do have the entire table/ leg/ stantion base arrangement. I'm
trying to come up with a workable solution to fit it in the cockpit. I've
seen pictures of Yves Gelinas' arrangement but don't like the wooden
brackets he has sticking into the cockpit well.
     I like your idea of using Starboard to build a table (for lightness). I
used to have a Tartan 27 that I changed the table arrangement on (several
times). One version was small size, hanging off the outboard storage,
similar to what you seem to be thinking of.  I didn't like it and ended up
with a portion of the original table hinged on the head bulkhead. Of course,
at the time I had no desire to move the table into the cockpit. If you can
get by with small table(s), I like your idea.