[Alberg30] Spinnaker poles

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at min.net
Wed May 16 18:13:22 PDT 2001

Linc,

If Bacon's doesn't have an appropriate spinnaker pole, you can get
a new one at http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066
Look under "Sail Handling" and you'll find Forespar poles with a
variety of end fittings.

You can find a list of Forespar spinnaker poles at
http://www.forespar.com/catalog/spinnaker/standard.htm which
may help you decide.  (Ignore those prices.)

The "J" dimension, or pole length, is 10' 9".  I have a 3" diameter
pole which is probably overkill.  You'll want a dual bridle and
both ends the same for an end-to-end jibe.  I like trigger ends,
which have a piston held open until the trigger inside the jaw is
hit.  This makes it easy to put the pole on the ring, but sometimes
is hard to put on the new guy when jibing.  Pistons are easier
to work than latch fittings.

Looking at the Sailnet offerings, I see the Forespar XP-250-XP
for $414 in a custom length.  This is a 2-1/2" diameter pole
cut to your length (max 12') with a piston jaw at each end.
They've got other offerings, too.

 - George

> "FINKENBERG, Lincoln" wrote:
>
> where might I purchase a spinnaker pole?
>
> how do you keep the seagulls from going doo doo on the boat -- two
> weeks at the mooring and the entire boat looked as if it was spray
> painted white -- unbelievable -- its a good laugh/cry but a terrible
> pain in the butt.
>
> Gypsy #138
> Linc
 |       Shop SailNet for your Spring outfitting needs.      |