[Alberg30] Tables and Voltmeters?

R.C. Alley ralley at chesapeake.net
Thu May 17 19:47:21 PDT 2001

Another view....  I am NOT an electrical engineer, but I decided that the
voltmeter that I needed for the boat was the (relatively) expensive Fluke
meter. I will admit to being influenced by one of my brothers, who designs
chips for IBM. The deciding factor was the failure of my (much cheaper)
digital meter after I did something stupid, and the fact that the difference
between a fully charged battery and a fully discharged one is about 1 volt.
The Fluke is designed to take a lot more abuse than I can give it without
failure, and a digital meter is, I think, a practical necessity--my old
tired eyes have trouble with analog meters these days.  Around the house, I
use a cheap analog meter--either the 110 VAC circuit is hot or it ain't.

Just a thought...Rob Alley