[Alberg30] Portable VHF power

Brian and Elaine Timmins timmins at optonline.net
Fri May 18 02:06:41 PDT 2001

Yes, it's a familiar story to me. Now a days I only buy name brand batteries
(usually Duracell if available). I haven't had a VHF, potentially life
threatening situation, but I've had several very frustrating experiences
with camera flash failure (due to batteries dieing) in the middle of family
or friends events where someone was counting on me to be "THE Photographer"
(I'm a fairly good advanced amateur). Name brand batteries are almost always
more dependable and longer lasting than "house brand". IMHO
Regards, Brian  Free Spirit #497