[Alberg30] A4, stern tubes

R.C. Alley ralley at chesapeake.net
Mon May 21 17:25:59 PDT 2001

Thanks; the problem is that I can't get hose which has different diameters
at each end.  In a re-read, I discovered that I mis-wrote the OD's--the box
is 1.5, and the sterntube is about 1.12 inches.  I solved the problem by
duplicating the original that I took off, but with the proper
materials--thick wall hose, and---- a bit of automotive radiator hose, all
with 100% stainless clamps.  Not, perhaps, the best answer, but certainly a
better one.  There was some evidence of deterioration of the exhaust hose
because of the wire reinforcement--and no evidence of aging of the hose
proper.

Thanks for your help,
RA