[Alberg30] terms

Daniel Walker Dwalker at cemcocpa.com
Thu May 24 14:48:35 PDT 2001

gerorge, mike, gord and others who have discussed this in the past.
now that i have finally had some "sea trials" with rascal, i have a couple
of questions. in prior posts there was a discussion about the sailing
characteristics of the a 30's. if memory serves, they are tender at first
and then stiffen up. i assume tender at fisrst means she will heel to a
certain point, and stiffen means she will not go any further. is that
correct?

on our first excursion racal went rail to the water very quickly, in much
lighter air than i expected(to now my sailing has been on island packets.
endeavours, and one race with russ pfeiffer on his a30)
is this the norm, or am i doing something wrong. the wind was ever changing
direction, and i was only using the main at first.
comments welcome
thanks
dan

 |     http://www.alberg30.org/store/Galison.html      |
 | Beautiful notecards of the sea, and other fine art. |