[Alberg30] Engine problem

Dan Sternglass dans at stmktg.com
Tue May 29 09:56:18 PDT 2001

My Atomic-4 had the problem of cutting in and out unpredictably,
sometimes it would run 10 minutes, other times for hours. I tturned out
to be a defective "Facit" brand electric fuel pump, which had a known
(but not to me until a few weeks ago!) manufacturing problem 3 or so
years ago. Evidently there were quality problems when a bigger company
took over the original manufacturer. A fuel problem was the -last- thing
I ever suspected, and I would not have found the problem if it hadn't
failed at the dock, and stayed failed long enough to get a volt meter on
the pump.

--Dan Sternglass
Watcher of the Skies, #201, 1966, Cayuga Lake, Ithaca, NY

 |     http://www.alberg30.org/store/Galison.html      |
 | Beautiful notecards of the sea, and other fine art. |