[Alberg30] Yanmar 3GM

DickInVA dickinva at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 14 05:05:07 PST 2001

I am going to buy a Yanmar 3GM to replace an Atomic4.  Has anyone
replaced an Atomic4 with this particular Yanmar.  I need a lot of help
before I start.  I know this engine may be overkill for an Atomic4 but
my Atomic4 went to engine heaven and I got a great deal I couldn’t pass
up on a slightly used marine fresh water cooled Yanmar 3GM.

1. Does the motor bed in the boat have to change drastically?
2. Do you use the engine mounts or attach the engine directly to the
boat?
3. Does the shaft or prop HAVE to change?
4. Can I put a 3GM in an Alberg 30?
5. Can the 3GM push the wet exhaust all the way up to the muffler?

Any assistance anyone has would be greatly appreciated.
Dick & Diana
MyLady  #302

http://personals.yahoo.com

 |       Shop SailNet for your Spring outfitting needs.      |