[Alberg30] Boat for sale

Dick Filinich daf at mobiletel.com
Mon Nov 26 19:20:28 PST 2001

High Spirits is for sale;This will be a bit lenghty and if your not
interested move on,for those looking to score or know of someone waiting
for a main squeeze this is it.Since I bought this boat some of you will
remember some short stories and description of projects undertaken.The
interior has been completely refurbished,every piece of wood removed
sanded and coated with clipper clear 95.Interior glass sanded and
painted with 2 part white epoxy.Flooring clipper 95.All cushions new 3
v-berth and 4 main salon,green naughahide,green and white striped
curtains on s.s rods.For north.climes could use cloth covers over
naugh.Formica green and gold swirl.New overhead hand holds.One crittegen
marine head and one porti potti.Vhf radio.New horizon depth,think needs
new transducer?Single burner canister type stove.shore power cable,am fm
sony cd player new with pioneer speakers and water proof cockpit
speaker.cushions,life jackets,wind scoop etc.2 small 110 fans with
heater
MAST-buffed down to metal,2 part aluminum epoxy primer,and coated with
white 2 part epoxy paint,same with boom.Spreaders and very top of mast
painted black,new fold down polished aluminum mast steps.All lights
new,new wind vane,top nav.light $150 or $180 I forget,new lewmar winch
for head sails,chrome plated with rough drum,all rope halyard and also
on main halyard with old type bronze winch,no cable to cut.New main
halyard sheave of blue nylon self lub,all running rigging new,aft stay
new s.s,new life lines,custom made bow anchor roller,newwind vane,custom
stern pulpit seating,custom swim boarding ladder,deep in water for easy
out,new Harken traveler #1536 mid range,new tiller cover,new
bimini,sumbrella erin green with coverand sail cover same color,s.s
steel tubing 3/4" 4 bows plenty of shade,lies to front or rear when not
in use.new chafing split tubes on shrouds,
SAILS-9 old but strong.Main had 1 foot cut off head to clear
bimini,cockpit head room 6 feet with top up,two reefs,other main has one
reef and has not been cut,a 160,150,100,and 90% head sails,red
spinnaker,white drifter,and one sail thats looks like a minature
spinnaker?1spinnaker pole old type with wood on ends,and one whisker
pole,new boom vang with attachment hardware,new forward hatch 1" spanish
cedar strong strong,deck of boat is masonite sandwiched between glass,no
rot anywhere,new large hatch in cockpit sole to access rear of engine
and packing,coupling etc,slatted spanish cedar cockpit sole deck,wind
scoop,extra bilge pump with alligator clips and hose,folding cockpit
dining table,cushions,screens,spotlight,flair gun,wood plugs etc.
ENGINE-new 20 h.p Kubota diesel,fresh water cooled,2:1
clutch(transmission)with 218 hrs.turning 12"x6 two blade prop,at 2300
rpm cruise above 5 kts 1/2 gallon per hour,new 18 gallon aluminum tank
in stbd locker,new raytheon st 2000 auto pilot,deluxe engine panel with
pre heat ignition,temp,oil press.,elect,water temp,shore power cable.3
cylinder engine can crawl over top with small wood slat removed but
there is room on either side to work on engine,oil filter,raw water pump
and one belt all in front of engine for easy access.dip stick left side
easy to get to,transmission dip stick accessed from cockpit hatch real
easy to do maintenance on this engine room.Engine is 100 pounds lighter
than atomc-4 hence less draft,which by the way I still have the atomic-4
thrown into the deal with the boat,engine completely dismantled.To
finish this long e-mail,sorry George,I have put in lots of time and
caring into this boat,I'm not a rich man but I put good things in this
boat whenever possible,what looks nice to me will look nice to guest,and
I have a very critical eye,I'm a welder fitter.The cockpit needs some
cosmetic minor surgery,old screw holes on hatch latches,plug hole for
spot light I never got around to doing,nothing major,and some holes that
my wife keeps going on about, I told you to put the traveler back of
cockpit and not across seating area,well now its in a good beautifully
set up position on curved spanish cedar on deck.I left someone a little
IF-I want to move up to 41'morgan for charter,why,the draft,4'2",believe
me I've been in every site,for length,width and weight,I do believe this
is the boat for carrying 6 on daily or weekend charters,and since 9/11
people will stay close to home and spend here.This a part time for start
WHO EVER-is welcomed to come kick the tires,peek in every space,run the
engine all day long,give it a good looking over,what I've told you is
the truth.
IF -some one buys this boat and needs to truck it,I will take down the
mast secure it on the boat for cross country transport,haul it out at
yard with travel lift and set on truck for adios.You pay for this of
course,remember I told you I wasn't rich,my part is free.
PRICE-I don't want to set a price,those of you in the know,can come to
a  nearest rounded figure,1966,hull#191 nearly completely restored
GEL COAT DAMAGE-deck has a couple of spots with small stress fractures
that are insignficant,hull all gel coat repairs cans be covered with a
quarter totally,bottom,the only gel coat damage is my fault,when I
hauled out in july I used yards high pressure pump and in trying to
relocate myself under boat I came too close to hull and took two spots
about 1/2 wide by 3"long of gel coat off bottom,you don't know how I
felt about that I was gonna use a brush cause the bottom had only a few
barnacles on it after more than two years,but the man who owns the yard
had the pump for me thinking I wanted the pump,or trying to make a few
dollars on the rental,well I also did some glass work on the rudder
while I had it up,beefed up the glass around the stainless shaft leading
edge,then grinded smooth.
Price_somehow my mail got mixed up,hey think about it before I change my
mind,I'm looking to make a profit off this boat,just come out with my
head up.Taking offers.
High Spirits,not painted on hull#191 Gallianio, La.  Dick
P.s I never liked this name,but I involved the wife,thats why its not
painted on the hull!!!Ha1Ha!gone before she sees this
 |  http://www.alberg30.org/store/Galison.html  |
 | Great notecards for your Christmas greetings |