[Alberg30] Interior wood finish?

Alan P. Kefauver apk2 at home.com
Wed Nov 7 16:22:57 PST 2001

Do you mean the bulkheads or the cabinet facings? On Andante, the bulkheads are teak looking formica, whereas the cabinets are real wood. I restained the cabinets with ZAR teak stain, then coated them with 3 coats of Waterlox clear finish, Same for the two sets of doors.
Alan,
Andante #152

On 11/7/2001 at 4:00 PM Randy Katz wrote:

>As long as were on the subject of interior finishes, anyone have a quick
>thought on finishing the teak ply bulkheads?  They're old and drab, dark
>and
>dull.  What's an easy-ish approach?  Simple sanding and slapping something
>on that would look OK is the level of perfection I'm after, at some point.
>
>    I thought about gold leaf around the head mirror and marble counter top
>with a pair of coach lamps and  sconces around the port, etc.  May be too
>fancy!  Has anyone frescoed a ceiling in the A-30 yet?  Love those chubby
>cherubs and heavenly scenes......
>
>    Half serious, half not,
>Cheers,
>Randy
>

>Randy Katz
>Gr. 3
>Bertschi School
>2227 - 10th Ave E.
>Seattle, WA. 98102
>USA
>206-324-5476 X301

 |       Shop SailNet for your Spring outfitting needs.      |