[Alberg30] Alberg 30 Rudder

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at min.net
Fri Nov 16 07:42:25 PST 2001

Jack,

There's a guy in California named Steve in California who says he
has the rudder mold for the Alberg 30 from Clark Marine in Redwood
City CA.  I suspect that what he really means is that he's got the
fiberglass parts for a rudder, rather than the actual molds.  It's
difficult to say, because he isn't very prompt about responding to
email.  I've been trying to get more information for several months.

I don't know exactly what he's got and I don't know anything about
compatibility between a Clark Marine Alberg 30 and a Whitby Alberg
30 (In fact, this is the best evidence yet I've gotten to support
the rumor that Alberg 30s were built in California.), but it's
probably worth trying to contact him.  You can try email at
<alkar at value.net> or <PITTSRACER at prodigy.net>

    Hi George,

    I only have rudder and hatch molds left. I did have hull molds
    but had to cut them up because of having to relocate the boat.
    The boat is only a hull and deck with deck only resting on the
    hull. All this stuff came from Clark Marine in Redwood City,
    CA some 15 or so years ago when my dad bought it all to get
    his hull as Clark had filed chapter 13. I have tried several
    times to sell the boat but it is a very large project that I
    think most people do not want to start. It is a shame but I
    understand. The hull is now sitting in my back yard as I needed
    the trailer so I expect to cut it up sometime. I think the only
    thing of any value now are the molds as moving the hull may be
    more trouble than it is worth. Thanks for your help.

    Steve

I think this is probably the same as what was advertised in
Latitude 38:

     ALBERG 30 HULL & DECK. Rudder & other molds. Must go. Make
     offer or it's the chain saw. Benicia, CA. (707) 747-0530.

     http://www.latitude38.com/classy/clas200108/clas2931.htm

  George Dinwiddie                             gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
  sailing.                                    http://www.Alberg30.org/

 |       Shop SailNet for your Spring outfitting needs.      |