[Alberg30] Yanmars and old(er) boats

Neal Jackson NJackson at npr.org
Mon Nov 19 06:29:58 PST 2001

For the record, PEREGRINE, No. 486 (1971), had a Yanmar 2GMF already
installed when I bought it nine years ago.  So the later boats can also be
candidates for this series of engines.

There is admittedly not much room around the engine (reinserting the
dipstick after checking the oil is done by feel).  But it seems solidly
installed, has been trouble-free and on the Bay can push the boat at 6-7
knots into the wind (if the prop is fairly free of barnacles).