[Alberg30] Yanmars and old(er) boats

James Davis a30240 at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 17 19:49:49 PST 2001

George's comment is quite true.  If your boat has the liner, under the engine, it will have to come out before the Yanmar, 2 or 3 GM will fit.  The oil pan is way too deep to fit and still line up on the shaft.  For the old(er) boats with out the liner - it is a relativly easy job to replace the engine beds.  I put the 2GM in Isa Lei, if I had been working on a new(er) boat, I wouldn't have even considered the Yanmar.

I did an article on the instalation for the Mainsheet, if anyone needs a copy, let me know.
Jim Davis
Isa Lei
A30 240