[Alberg30] Rudder post?

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at min.net
Tue Nov 27 13:27:20 PST 2001

I think you'll find that most of the play is where the "H" bracket
attaches to the rudder post fitting.  The "ears" on this fitting,
where the bolt goes through, tend to bend inwards producing play.
I recommend putting a bronze bushing in between these ears, but
I don't think you can bend them back out.  You'll probably have to
put shims on the outside to get a tight fit with the "H" again.

 - George

  George Dinwiddie                             gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
  sailing.                                    http://www.Alberg30.org/

 |  http://www.alberg30.org/store/Galison.html  |
 | Great notecards for your Christmas greetings |