[Alberg30] Re: Free Spirit

Brian and Elaine Timmins timmins at optonline.net
Tue Oct 2 12:41:25 PDT 2001

Shawn,
   I don't have an hour meter so I can't tell you. I've owned her for 6 years now. I've upgraded to electronic ignition, added the PCV kit, upgraded to a 75 amp balmar alternator with a multistep external regulator. I've had it all apart down to the "short block" and cleaned out all the crud. It's got a fairly new thermostat and brand new thermostat housing. She starts up and runs beautifully. If I wasn't into the new boat already, this winter was going to add the Moyer Fresh Water Cooling kit. By the way, there is also a new shaft, cutless bearing, and CDI prop.
   She's in the water and will be untill early November. I've got one more club race on Oct. 14 or 21. I have been leading my class up until the last race when one of those light weight feathers got a 1/2 point lead on me. I'm going to miss a race this weekend and my new boat won't stand a chance racing around the bouys. Bermuda and back maybe.
   I'm heading to the boat show on Thursday evening and won't be back home untill Monday afternoon (probably). If you want, maybe Monday later afternoon I can show her to you.
Brian
P.S. I'm heading out the door to the marina now to do some measuring on the new boat. I'll be there for several hours so now is an alternate to Monday. So is almost any evening or the following weekend. Call my cell anytime  917-414-5240