[Alberg30] Wiring Diagram & Teak Refinishing

SandersM at aol.com SandersM at aol.com
Mon Oct 22 16:44:21 PDT 2001

In a message dated 10/22/01 5:47:22 PM, wallred at olg.com writes:

>As someone else noted, Armada now has a gloss that Practical Sailer rate
>highly.  I think I will switch next spring.

Just an observation here.  If you are hoping to get a gloss finish that will
look like a varnish, think again.  I used Honey Teak, the highest-rated gloss
finish in Practical Sailor's reviews of these finishes.  The finish is indeed
glossy, but it is a gloss over a pigmented surface, so the result is not the
deep lustre you get from a gloss varnish.  Having used the gloss, and having
seen the standard Cetol and Armada, I plan to go with the original
formulations.  The gloss over the pigments is not as attractive as you might
think.  If you've not seen it yet, you might take a board and cover it to see
how you like it before starting on your toerails.

Sanders McNew

 |       Shop SailNet for your Spring outfitting needs.      |