[Alberg30] Silencing those mast noises?

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at min.net
Tue Sep 11 06:43:47 PDT 2001

I also used this technique, using three long tiewraps at each point.
It works great, but it does NOT support the wires in the center of the
mast.  The tiewraps bend around and ultimately hold the wires against
the wall of the mast.  (I looked.)

I've also heard of people drilling small holes and "hooking" the
wires with a small piece of bent stiff wire to hold them still
against the side of the mast.  This sounds difficult
to me, but might be appropriate for mast-up work.

 - George

  George Dinwiddie                             gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
  sailing.                                    http://www.Alberg30.org/

 |     http://www.alberg30.org/store/Galison.html      |
 | Beautiful notecards of the sea, and other fine art. |