[Alberg30] Replace teak toerail/caprail with aluminum perforated web rail

MikeKysela at aol.com MikeKysela at aol.com
Mon Sep 10 09:40:56 PDT 2001

The teak toerail/caprail on my A-30 has worn considerably and has been sanded
by previous owners to the extent that screw heads are exposed. I would like
to replace this rail with an aluminum perforated web rail and in the process
thru bolt the rail. This procedure was recently described in the September
issue of Cruising World, by a Richard Levy who refit his 1966 Buchan 37 with
this type of rail. Does anyone have experience with this teak rail problem
and the aluminum rail solution?? Thanks for any recommendations!

Mike Kysela
Talisman 1970 / #432
(216) 561-5098