[Alberg30] New Universal Manuals Available

Randy Katz randyk at bertschi.org
Sat Apr 13 18:47:52 PDT 2002

Greetings,
   Those of us who own Universal diesel engines (manfd by Westerbeke these
days) will be excited to know that they recently (sort of-- Jan. 2001)
published improved manuals.  (I have the M3-20B A-4 replacement engine that
came with the archaic previous editions. )  The old manuals were marginally
OK, the new ones have many illustrations and are more clearly laid out.
   There's an Operators (sic) Manual with very good maintenance schedules
and other basics.  There's also a Service Manual which has many more pages,
the same good illustrations, but much more specific engineering details,
like how to rebuild.
   Oddly, there is  some really basic-- no, essential-- info missing, like
how to bleed using the EZ bleed screw at the injectors.  Go figure.  Still,
all in all, these books, are a big improvement.
   There's also a new parts manual with better illustrations and new parts
numbers.
   Each volume costs $25-- my source copied out the maintenance schedule
pages from the operator's manual as a favor.
   Your usual supplier will have the books, or see if there's info at
westerbeke.com.

CHeers,
Randy
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Randy Katz
910 - 32nd Ave.
Seattle, WA. 98122
USA
206-323-1941
KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

 | ** Skymate Windmeter $18.00 off! Product code JDCSM-18 ** |