[Alberg30] jib sheet tracks

Michael dickdurk at intercom.net
Thu Apr 18 04:38:30 PDT 2002

I did the job on #220 years ago using milled teak as the material-it still seems
to be holding up OK. You have to remove the bolts-they also hold the deck to
the hull. I was concerned about the hull springing out of position when released,
but I don't really think that would happen-the hull is just too solid. Be prepared
to replace at least some bolts-they get abused and bent. Also a powerful electric
scredriver makes the job tolerable-that's a lot of screwing.

I would also consider replacing the track itself with a newer style that accepts
the Harken type jib cars(they have roller bearings)-I have always been peeved
at how difficult it is to move the cars, especially when under load. If I raced
more, I would seriously consider it-especially if I could get track that matches
existing holes.

Michael
Checkmate #220
 | ** Skymate Windmeter $18.00 off! Product code JDCSM-18 ** |