[Alberg30] Masthead sheave

chrishardy chrishardy at tds.net
Thu Apr 4 05:38:17 PST 2002

I think it would be easy to make a new one. buy some 1/2" 6061 t-6 or
have the same outfit that makes the mast beam stock cut a 6.75" diameter
pc. out of 1/2" stock with a 5/8" center hole maybe some lightening
holes bush it with bronze 1/2" id bushing and chuck it in a wood or
metal lathe to "freehand the groove.. I made a slew of delrin sheeves a
couple years back for some rope stropped blocks for my small wood cutter
and the delrin worked great not for wire halyard but delrin would be
fine for rope.Delrin cuts fine at high speed on a wood lathe 1/2" delrin
is readily available and could be even cut with a fly cutter on a drill
press.....

 | Get in gear for an early Spring with SailNet's ten percent discount |
 |  *** http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066 ***  |