[Alberg30] Battery cables?

Brian and Elaine Timmins timmins at optonline.net
Fri Apr 5 18:13:42 PST 2002

If you know what amperage your starter can draw at max, size it by that
using one of the readily available sizing charts(ie: West Catalog). Don't
forget, the length of the run is from the battery to the battery switch to
the starter and from the ground on the engine back to the negative terminal
of the battery. On an Atomic 4, the 4AWG is plenty big but diesels usually
eat more juice than the A4. Also consider what form of preheater you have on
the diesel. If it's a glow plug, add in the amperage draw of that to your
starter load when doing your calculation.
Brian