[Alberg30] 3 Questions

Brian and Elaine Timmins timmins at optonline.net
Sun Apr 7 04:31:35 PDT 2002

Re: Outboard Power
I know that Yves Gelinas mounted an outboard on his A30 in a very unusual
way. It would not be easy to duplicate. A year or two ago, there was some
discussion about A30 #1 that was for sale in Cuba (I think) that had an
outboard mounted in a more common way. Mounting an outboard is possible but
using it in any sort of waves will probably be a problem due to the pitching
motion of the stern (unless you copy Yves method).
Re: Oil Change
Depends on your motor and/or accesories added on to your motor. Most people
need to pump the old oil out through the dip stick hole using a dedicated
pump. Some engines have pumps built in or added on. Some A4's have a neat
kit sold by Moyer to make access easier (I had this on my A4 and it is
wonderful and neat and easy).
Brian