[Alberg30] Bolts on chainplates?

Henry Sharpe henry_sharpe at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 7 11:30:27 PDT 2002

 The failure on Yves's boat in the Roaring Fourties was the entire bracket (port side knee - front) pulling off the hull due to fibreglass failure.  I do not know if the glass itseld failed or delaminated from the attachment to the hull.  The bolts were not the issue but replacing old bolts that are under load can not hurt.  On my boat #111, the bolts did not have washers on the opposite side of the bracket (knee) from the chainplate.
  Daniel Sternglass <dans at stmktg.com> wrote: Hi all,

I posted a question about replacing these bolts, but no replies. Has
anyone done this?

Thanks,

--Dan S.
dans at stmnktg.com
| ** Skymate Windmeter $18.00 off! Product code JDCSM-18 ** |

Include command "unsubscribe
" in subject or body.